DiGRA Australia (DiGRAA) is a registered, not-for-profit association that strives to sustain an open, inclusive, and transdisciplinary approach to games research. DiGRAA is the Australian chapter of DiGRA, the premier international association for professionals, academics, developers and other individuals interested in the evolving fields of digital gaming and game studies.
Why become a DiGRA Australia member?
- Present papers at the DiGRA Australia National Conference
- Vote on motions during the Annual General Meeting.
- Participate in elections for the DiGRA Australia board as voter and nominee
- Contribute to the sustainability and operation of our research community
Do all DiGRAA-related activities require membership?
No. Membership is not required to:
- attend the conference
- submit potential papers to the conference
- be a non-presenting co-author of a presented paper (e.g. a PhD supervisor)
- access the association’s Discord server
- access the association’s mailing list
- access PDFs of presented abstracts and papers on the association website
Please note that membership for DiGRA Australia does not cover membership to DiGRA International.
Membership Types and Payment Structure
|Membership Type||Employment Type||Cost|
|Individual Membership (Non-Waged) for 1 year||Students (undergraduate or postgraduate), sessional academics, and unemployed researchers||Membership is free|
|Individual Membership (Waged) for 1 year||Salaried Academic or Professional (1.0FTE)||$50.00|
Reduces fractionally for those
employed on a part-time
salaried basis. (ie. for salaried academics/professionals at
0.5FTE, the cost will be $25.00)
|Institutional Membership for 1 year||Institutional Membership includes membership for unlimited staff and students affiliated with the institution.|
Institutional members are listed here on our website. Please contact the current president Mahli-Ann Butt to discuss becoming an Institutional Member (email@example.com).