The Australian chapter of the Digital Games Research Association (DiGRA) invites expressions of interest from relevant departments, schools, or centres at Australian universities to host the fourth DiGRA Australia National Conference in February 2019.
The successful host will be selected by the DiGRA Australia board. The board will be guided by the following criteria in making their decision:
- The conference should be run by a department with a cohort of academics and postgraduates producing research relevant to the field of game studies.
- The host should be able to provide the necessary institutional support to ensure a successful conference.
- The host should be able to head the peer-review process, with assistance from the DiGRA Australia board.
- Following the success of previous national conferences, the 2019 conference should have no registration fee and, pending on submissions, be capable of running a single track for two days.
- In the event of more than one competitive bid, cities other than Sydney and Melbourne will be preferenced to support regional equity.
The deadline for expressions of interest is Friday, 31 August. The board will decide on a successful host in early September, with the intent to see a Call For Papers released shortly afterwards. Ideally, the peer review process for abstracts will be complete by mid-December.
Please send expressions of interest that address the above criteria, or any queries, to the DiGRA Australia President, Brendan Keogh (email@example.com).